Home Motor Vehicles Corporate Vital Statistics Personal Property Land Titles Boat Testing & Registration Contact

Government Photo ID’s


A photo identification card is available to an Alberta Resident who does not or cannot hold a valid Alberta operator's license and is over the age of 12. The card is clearly marked for identification purposes only and does not entitle the person to operate a motor vehicle under any circumstances.To obtain an identification card, the individual must provide acceptable identification.

If the person applying is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian with their driver's license (or other Identification) must be present at time of receiving ID Card.

If the person applying is over the age of 18, they must show proof of Alberta residency. This can be any of the following: rental agreement, utility bill, pay stub, letter from employer or mailed banking papers.

The only exemption to Alberta residency are for students that are residents of another jurisdiction but attending an Alberta accredited institution full-time. These individuals may request an Alberta Identification card. They must present a letter from the institution verifying full-time student status.

Privacy Policy Website Agreement